Cycle of Hope is a ride for our community – bringing together people to ride toward a shared finish line – a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Benefitting, Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley, Cycle of Hope has many ways you can get involved. Riding isn’t the only way to make a difference. With our 2019 Cycle of Hope event approaching on November 3rd, here are a few ways you can get join in on the fun:
Volunteers are the heart of Habitat’s mission and what better way to get involved than volunteering at Cycle of Hope! We have many volunteer opportunities available from guiding riders and ensuring their safety to cheering them on at the finish line. Whether signing up on your own or grabbing your family and friends, here are a few roles you can sign up for:
- Event Day Volunteers – At the Start/Finish Line, help with registration to handing out medals and everything in between! (14yrs old & up)
- Course Marshals/Route Guides – Be part of the action! Keep everyone safe and on track throughout the routes. (18yrs old & up)
- Water Stations – Provide hydration and moral support along the routes. Perfect for groups of 5-20 (14yrs old & up)
- Cheer Squad – Cheer on the riders as they finish! Great for families. (All Ages!)
- “Ask Me” Greeters – Join these elite volunteers to provide direction and answers to Cyclists & Spectators. (14yrs old & up)
- Motorcycle Volunteers – Ride for Cycle of Hope with a little more speed! Volunteer on your motorcycle to ride along with the cyclists (18yrs old & up)
Support a fundraiser –
Riders and community members are encouraged to go beyond the finish line and fundraise to further their support of Habitat for Humanity. Whether you’re riding on November 3rd or not, you can support a fundraiser, join a fundraiser’s team, or challenge yourself by setting a goal of your own and joining in on the fundraising ride! Feel free to get creative with your fundraising and make it a ride to remember. Here are a few ways to spruce it up.
After creating a fundraiser, you can expect plenty of support from the Habitat team to get you reach your goals. Plus, to say thanks, we’re offering top fundraisers some awesome prizes:
- Top fundraiser: 2 Round Trip Tickets from Southwest Airlines PLUS access for two to the VIP experience at Cycle of Hope, a commemorative jersey, and special wearable recognition on event day
- 2nd place fundraiser: 2 VIP 49ers Football Tickets at a game of your choice. PLUS access for two to the VIP experience at Cycle of Hope, a commemorative jersey, and special wearable recognition on event day
- 3rd place fundraiser: Access for two to the VIP experience at Cycle of Hope, a commemorative jersey, and special wearable recognition on event day
- All $1,000+ fundraisers: Access for two to the VIP experience at Cycle of Hope and a commemorative jersey
- All $500 -$1,000 fundraisers: Access for two to the VIP experience at Cycle of Hope
Share Cycle of Hope on social media –
Tell your friends about Cycle of Hope! Spread the word and help other people join the movement by following us on Facebook and using the hashtag #TogetherWeRide. Share your best photos during training before the ride, your status during the ride, and post that finisher photo after the event!
We think everyone deserves a safe place to call home and that means we have to spread the word and get the whole Bay Area involved. Whether riding, volunteering, fundraising, or supporting a loved one riding a course, together we are building more for our community, neighbors, and local families. Tag a friend and share the message along!