Cycle of Hope is just around the corner, and we could not be any more excited to share with riders all that awaits them come November 3rd! Here’s a little sneak peek at what you can expect at the 2019 Cycle of Hope.
Before you arrive…
Even before you get to Cycle of Hope we’re showing our riders the love! Visit your local Mike’s Bike, Cycle of Hope’s official Bike Shop partner, before ride day to get your bike tuned up and ready to cross the finish line.
No bike? No problem! Our friends at Sports Basement want everyone to ride Cycle of Hope so they are offering Cycle of Hope riders discounts on bike rentals! Click here to download your Sports basement discount code.
When you arrive…
Don’t forget! Daylight Savings Time starts on November 3. That means you’ll be turning your clocks back an hour at 2:00 AM, the night before the ride. As excited as we are to see you at the event that morning, take advantage of the extra hour of rest before the big ride!
When you get on Hewlett Packard Inc. at 3000 Hanover St, Palo Alto, CA 94304 (enter the parking lot from Hanover St, look for parking directional signs) be sure to check your gear at our Gear Check Tent.
Then get ready to hit the course! Reminder to familiarize yourself with the course prior to ride day!
On the course….
2018 riders – we heard you! On top of brand new courses, we’ve added more bells and whistles than a bike on the Tour De France.
- Ride with confidence with plenty of signage and course marshal volunteers to direct riders on your next move.
- We got your back! All riders will be fully supported with water stations and a network of EMS resources on the course and at the start and finish.
- Roadside Entertainment! We’ll be grooving to keep you moving at almost all water stations!
- Oh, and we’ve upgraded our water game. We’re excited to have two special community sponsors join us to keep you hydrated along this year’s route.
- First, the Pickle Juice Company will be on the course to prevent camps before they even start with shots of pickle juice! Yup, pickle juice!
- Then be on the lookout for our friends from Nuun! Nuun Hydration’s blend of electrolytes aids in optimal water absorption, making sure that you bring your best to every workout.
- Hydration is key but nutrition is vital for a great ride experience. On top of a wide selection of grab and go snacks, we’ve called on the folks from Baja Fresh to provide riders fresh and filling meals to keep you fueled through the finish line.
Speaking of finish line…
You put in the miles, and now it’s time to celebrate! To kick off the finish line party, every rider will receive a finisher’s medal along with a rider’s swag bag full of goods from our sponsors (did someone say 20% off at Sports Basement) plus new Cycle of Hope t-shirts, water bottles, and bike levers.
After crossing the finish line, rock your finisher’s medal and get some food from Baja Fresh burritos and a well-deserved beer at the Lagunitas beer tent!
Once you’re refueled, recover with EverAthelete sports injury therapists who will be on-site providing hands-on targeted myofascial release. These techniques help increase blood flow, regain range of motion, along with desensitizing areas that are sore. Sit back and relax while enjoying live music from local bands.
Then head home knowing you spent your Sunday making a difference by riding with your community for your community! Together, We Ride!
For more information about what riders can expect on ride day, click here to download our 2019 Athlete Guide.