FUNDRAISING & REFERRALS
At Cycle of Hope, we have our eye set on the ultimate finish line – a brighter future where everyone has a safe and affordable place to call home. As with any challenging ride, we can't cross that finish line by ourselves. Whether you're signed up as a rider or fundraiser, you're a part of our community that is:
- Raising awareness of the affordable housing crisis where 4 out of 5 residents in our service area cannot afford to buy a median priced home.
- Promoting social and economic justice through housing for a more equitable community.
- Raising funds to create more affordable housing so families can build a stable foundation for themselves and for generations to come.
Now is the time to get your fundraising started so you can above and beyond for Habitat for Humanity families!
DOUBLE YOUR DONATIONS!
Donations made to all Cycle of Hope fundraisers will make 2x the impact for Habitat for Humanity partner families. Thanks to the generosity of Bob and Barbara Frick and Friends of Cycle of Hope, all Cycle of Hope donations will be matched up to $50,000!
Want to make 4x the impact? If someone donates to your fundraiser, ask if they can submit a matching gift request with their employer. If their employer will match their gift, Bob and Barbara Frick and Friends of Cycle of Hope will match both gifts and get you 4 times closer to your fundraising goal!
HOW TO CREATE A FUNDRAISING PAGE
- When you register for Cycle of Hope, your fundraising page will automatically be created for you!
- During the registration process, you'll come across a screen that says Set up your fundraiser below.
- This is where you can customize your fundraising page with a personal goal, story, and much more.
- Scroll down and you'll also see options for creating or joining a team as well as making your first donation!
- Click "continue" and finish your registration!
- Once you complete your registration, be on the lookout for an email with your fundraising page details and a personalized link to share with your family and friends to get started!
- Click here to "Become a fundraiser". This is where you can customize your fundraising page with a personal goal, story, and much more.
- Click "Set Up Fundraiser" to complete the setup of your fundraising page!
- Be on the lookout for an email with your fundraising page details and a personalized link to share with your family and friends to get started!
HOW TO REACH YOUR FUNDRAISING GOAL
The main tip for fundraising? Ask! It really is that simple – you can’t get support unless you ask for it! How to ask, you ask? Here are some simple pointers for making the ask:
- SET A GOAL
Be thoughtful about your fundraising goal. Make it ambitious, but achievable. And if you cross that finish – extend it! Every donation, big and small, makes a difference! If it helps to connect your goal to a tangible outcome:
- $100 can provide lighting in a child’s room where they have a quiet place to study.
- $500 can provide interior doors that gives a family the space and privacy they need.
- $1,000 can provide kitchen countertops where a family prepares and cooks meals together.
- $5,000 can provide insulation for an entire home so a family can stay safe and cool during a hot summer.
- MAKE IT PERSONAL
When you ask for support, you’re not just asking people to support Habitat – you’re asking them to support you. So, let them know why affordable housing matters to you. You can also personalize your fundraising page with photos, personal stories, and more.
After you created your fundraising page, you’ll have the option to create a custom webpage URL, create or join a team, and share your personal message of why affordable housing matters to you. Sharing your message will connect people to your cause, rally your community, and inspire them to get involved.
Be sure to save your changes to finish updating your fundraising webpage
- START AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW
Consider making the first donation to your fundraiser and show people you’re committed to creating meaningful change.
Then, start with your innermost circle, those most likely to give in support when you ask. Perhaps this is your family, or your closest friends. Then, move outward in stages, asking more of your friends and extended family for support. Next, you might consider your colleagues, people in your community groups. Then, extend the ask even further outward by posting to social media. By moving in this fashion, you are more likely to get early donations – and studies show that the closer you get to your goal, the more likely people are to contribute and help you cross that finish line!
- GIVE THANKS
Make sure you thank your donors, and let them know they’ve made a difference!
- MAKE IT A PARTY
Celebrating a birthday or anniversary? You might consider asking people to give in lieu of gifts!
Referrals are a great way to get more people to join your ride for a great cause. Whether it’s a casual family ride, a friendly competition among friends, a teambuilding ride with coworkers, or create your own group virtual DIY ride, you’ll bring people together for a fun time and raise funds for affordable housing!
Refer people to register for Cycle of Hope by sharing your personal referral link. If you refer 5 people who sign up for Cycle of Hope, you’ll earn a free 2024 Cycle of Hope Jersey. If you refer 10 people who sign up, you’ll earn the jersey plus access to the VIP zone on the day of the event!
Share your personal referral link, encourage people to ride with you, and get credit for making the referral! You can find your referral link in a few places:
- In the confirmation email you receive after you register.
- In your Profile, click on the My Referrals tab on the left side menu.
- On the confirmation page where you’ll land when you complete your registration, you can click the link to Refer Your Friends.
You can also create or join a team to pool resources and fundraise together. Teams are eligible to win prizes in the Top Fundraising Team and the Largest Team categories.
Fundraising for Cycle of Hope also means earning some fun prizes! When you raise $500 or refer 5 people who register, you’ll earn a free 2024 Cycle of Hope Commemorative Cycling Jersey. When you raise $1,000 or refer 10 people who register, you’ll earn the jersey plus VIP perks such as access to the VIP zone on the day of the event!
Individuals and teams are eligible to win top prizes in the Top Individual Fundraiser, Top Referrer, Top Fundraising Team, and Largest Team categories. Past prizes have included a one-night stay at a luxury hotel and spa, and a VIP gameday experience and tickets to a sporting event.